Adult self-regulation is an approach for school staff to engage in personal preventative and de-escalation strategies to increase the likelihood of equitable outcomes for all students, regardless of ability or background. Adult self-regulation requires classroom teachers to focus on their thoughts and behaviors and how they may lessen the immediate impact of stress they experience on the students they serve.
The learning objectives for this module are to:
· Outline causal factors for teacher stress
· Detail effects of trauma on student behavior
· Examine the influence of implicit bias on discipline use
· Define self-regulation and the connection to the IL social-emotional standards
· Articulate impacts of stress on personal and professional outcomes
· Identify adult self-regulation strategies